These chicken patties are quite yummy. They hold together well and can be used for chicken burgers or you could turn them into meatballs.
What you need
1 chicken breast or 250g chicken mince
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 TBS mango chutney
1 TBS chia seeds
1 tsp curry powder
1 cup breadcrumbs
Handful baby spinch, chop roughly
salt & pepper
1 TBS olive oil
What to do
- If you are using the chicken breast, put the breast into your food processor and whiz on medium until the breast has been ‘minced”.
- Place the mince into a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even patties. You could make 4-5 if you prefer them smaller. Roll into a big ball and toss between your hands to help firm the ingredients together.
- Or roll into even small balls to make meatballs.
- Heat your oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked all the way through. You may need to reduce the heat if the patties begin to burn.
- Serve on a burger bun with lots of salad or with spaghetti (as meatballs) and vegetables.
Eat Colourful. Live Colourful.