Chicken nuggets seem to have become a staple in our childrens diet. They are full of additives and are nutritionally inadequate. These not-so-naughty nuggets use whole chicken breast and contain no nasties, so they are perfect for your little ones to enjoy.
What you need:
2 hormone free, free range chicken breasts
3/4 cup almond flour
3 TBS sesame seeds
1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
3/4 cup rice flour
Oil (olive, coconut, macadamia
What to do:
- Cut the chicken into 2 cm bite sized pieces or into strips if you’d prefer.
- Place rice flour on a plate. Beat the 2 eggs and put into a bowl.
- Put almond flour, sesame seeds and parmesan cheese into another bowl and mix together well.
- Have a seperate plate to add your crumbed nuggets onto.
- You will dip one piece of chicken into the rice flour, then the egg and then roll it around in the almond flour mix.
- Once all of the pieces are coated fry them gently over a medium heat on the stove until cooked through.
Our family, personally, doesn’t dip the nuggets in any sauce. I don’t recommend using store bought tomato or BBQ sauce but if you offer your child a little because this is what they would normally do then I won’t say a word ;-)) But only a LITTLE bit